I thought I’d write about my love affair with the Mina Kay diaper bag backpack a little. First off, let me say that making the switch to the backpack style diaper bag has been life changing. I will NEVER go back to lugging my shoulder bag around while trying to wrangle a baby and a toddler. Just, no.
The Mina Kay backpack specifically is lovely. It comes in faux leather black, camel and burgundy (pictured) and retails for $139. Here are the features:
- Faux leather straps. I love that it has these since fabric ones always seem to get dirty easily.
- 4 exterior pockets – one zipper in front, two open side pockets which are great for water bottles, and one media pocket in the back
- It has a media pocket! I know I already said that but I love this feature so it gets its own bullet point. The pocket doesn’t fit my MacBook Pro but it fits my iPad Air perfectly.
- 8 interior pockets – one zipper, one velcro, and 6 no-closure pockets.
- The bag is structured so it stands on its own, even when empty. It also has 4 metal studs to keep the bag from getting scraped up. Brilliant!
- Baby Insert. All of the Mina Kay bags come with this. It’s perfect if you need to pack up some diapers, wipes, bottles, toys, etc and quickly pass them off to a caregiver without giving them your whole bag.
So there are the basics. I love this bag so far. It’s sleek, sits snug on my back, and is surprisingly roomy. Check out my video below to see the bag in action and get one for yourself at minakaybags.com